How To Share Photos And Videos Without Geotags In iOS 13
Saanvi Araav - Oct 08, 2019
With the new iOS 13, the process of removing geotags from videos and photos has become a bit more straightforward now.
- What Apple And Google Should Do To Improve iOS And Android
- How To Turn On Or Off Your iPhone's Location Services
- Best, Meaningful iOS 13.2 Features Apple Didn't Announce
As expected, Apple has strengthened privacy and security in the new iOS 13. One of the newest features is that you could choose to remove geotags from your photos. Before, it's not that you couldn't remove the photo's location metadata. But with this new iOS, the steps are now much more straightforward and simpler.
Taking into account how bad people could exploit the geotags; this seems to be the right decision from Apple. If you want to share some beautiful shots on Facebook or Instagram without geotags, but don't know how to wipe out the geotags from videos and photos on iPadOS 13 or iOS 13, this guide is for you.
How to wipe out geotags from Photos and Videos in iOS 13
For those who don't know, clips and images on iPad or iPhone contain lots of data, including the location where they are taken. This info is called metadata. Analyzing the photos and anyone can figure out where you took the pics. That is potentially dangerous since it could reveal hints about your whereabouts.
Leave aside security, metadata is essential to organize the photo library. With metadata, you could quickly sort your pics according to the location and time. With that being said, here is how to share your videos and photos without geotags on the iPad and iPhone.
2. Then, choose the videos or photos that you wish to share. Then tap the button "Share."
3. Then choose " Options," which is right next to the location where you have taken the photo.
4. Switch off "Location," then choose "Done" on the right top corner.
5. Then, you can go on to choose the mediums you wish to share your pics such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Gmail, etc.