Realme 64MP Quad Camera Smartphone Confirmed To Launch On August 15
Karamchand Rameshwar - Aug 06, 2019
After the Realme's 64MP quad-camera smartphone being leaked to launch on 15 August, Realme quickly released an official teaser poster confirming that.
- Samsung Galaxy S26 vs OnePlus 15T: Which Compact Flagship Wins in 2026?
- Stop Trying to Make the App-Less Phone Happen: The ChatGPT Phone Is Already DOA
- Top 5 5G Smartphones Under ₹20,000 to Buy in March 2026
Realme has recently announced that it would be going to launch a new phone with a quad camera setup and a 64MP primary sensor. Now, an invitation to the event launching that phone was leaked recently and revealed that the phone would be unveiled on 15 August. Now, the brand has just released an official poster confirming that the phone will indeed launch on that date. Unfortunately, the poster doesn’t reveal the name of the phone. It is speculated that this phone might be called Realme 5 Pro.

According to the poster, the upcoming Realme phone with 64MP camera will be announced at the Realme Summer Video Technology Communication Meeting on 15 August. There is also a photo of a rear camera module of the upcoming handset. The setup has a total of four cameras with a ‘64MP’ words under the primary sensor. However, it appears that the phone will first debut in India since earlier in the week as an Indian executive of the brand had already confirmed that it would be announcing the phone with 64MP camera in India on 8 August.

The upcoming Realme smartphone is said to come with a 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor with a large size of 1/1.72”. It is said to be capable of capturing 64MP selfie photos with a maximum resolution of 6,912 x 9,126 pixels. It is also said to be supported by Tetracell technology, which is also known as Samsung’s 4-in-1 pixel binning capability. With that, the 64MP sensor is claimed to take 16MP resolution photos in low-light conditions.
On the other hand, its Chinese rival Redmi is also planning to launch its first phone with a quad camera setup and a 64MP main sensor tomorrow. Just like the Realme counterpart, the name of the upcoming Redmi phone is still unknown at the moment. Yesterday, Redmi’s General Manager Lu Weibing had just confirmed that the brand is also working on the Redmi Note 7 series’ successor, the Redmi Note 8. However, we are not sure the 64MP camera will feature on the Redmi Note 8 smartphones, or it will be another phone.
Featured Stories
Mobile - May 19, 2026
RedMagic Introduces 11S Pro Gaming Phone Series Powered by Overclocked Snapdragon...
Mobile - May 18, 2026
iOS 26.5's Under-the-Radar Features: Secret iPhone Tools You Need to Try
Mobile - May 16, 2026
Trump Mobile Begins Shipping Its $499 Gold T1 Phone Following Prolonged Delays
Mobile - May 11, 2026
Sony Sets Xperia 1 VIII Reveal for May 13
Mobile - May 03, 2026
Samsung Galaxy S26 vs OnePlus 15T: Which Compact Flagship Wins in 2026?
Mobile - Apr 29, 2026
Stop Trying to Make the App-Less Phone Happen: The ChatGPT Phone Is Already DOA
Mobile - Apr 27, 2026
RGB Notification Lights Make a Triumphant Return on Xiaomi's Poco X8 Pro
Mobile - Apr 26, 2026
Google Pixel Battery Scandal Illustrates Why Capacity Rules the Smartphone Market
Mobile - Apr 25, 2026
iPhone 18 Rumors Suggest a Significant RAM Upgrade to 12GB
Mobile - Apr 23, 2026
Comments
Sort by Newest | Popular