Black Shark 2 Pro Spotted on AnTuTu; Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC Confirmed

Karamchand Rameshwar - Jul 28, 2019


Black Shark 2 Pro Spotted on AnTuTu; Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC Confirmed

The upcoming Black Shark 2 Pro just passed through benchmarking platform AnTuTu with a Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC, 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage.

The upcoming gaming-centric smartphone from Black Shark, the Black Shark 2 Pro has just passed through Chinese benchmarking platform AnTuTu ahead of its launch on 30 July. The phone was listed on AnTuTu with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. Moreover, the phone is also confirmed to come with the latest Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset, paired with an Adreno 640 GPU. Software-wise, it will be most likely ship with Android 9 Pie with the brand’s custom UI atop. We don’t know the size of its display, though it is listed to feature FHD+ (2,340 x 1,080) resolution. With the Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC, the Black Shark 2 Pro achieved an impressive benchmark score of 405,598 points, which is 30,000 points higher than its predecessor Black Shark 2.

Black Shark 2 Pro Antutu

In addition, the upcoming Black Shark 2 Pro is rumored to pack a redesigned back panel for more comfortable holding. It still remains to be seen if the Xiaomi’s sub-brand Black Shark will bump the display panel to support a higher refresh rate as it is becoming more popular in the gaming smartphone segment these days. As said by the brand, the phone might come with a headphone jack that was removed on the Black Shark 2. Unfortunately, the AnTuTu listing only shows some key specs of the handset. We haven’t got any details regarding its cameras, battery capacity, and more for now. However, we expect the Black Shark 2 Pro to take on the ASUS ROG Phone II that launched earlier in the week as the first phone in the world to pack a Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC.

To recall, the handset also visited Geekbench and achieved 3,632 and 11,304 points in the single and multi-core tests, respectively. If it indeed launches on 30 July, the Black Shark 2 Pro will be the second phone in the world to make use of the recently-launched Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC. ZTE’s sub-brand Nubia is also said to launch a Snapdragon 855 Plus-powered smartphone called Nubia Red Magic 3.

Comments

Sort by Newest | Popular

Next Story

Read more

Escalating Costs for NVIDIA RTX 50 Series GPUs: RTX 5090 Tops $5,000, RTX 5060 Ti Closes in on RTX 5070 Pricing

ICT News- Feb 19, 2026

Escalating Costs for NVIDIA RTX 50 Series GPUs: RTX 5090 Tops $5,000, RTX 5060 Ti Closes in on RTX 5070 Pricing

As the RTX 50 series continues to push boundaries in gaming and AI, these price trends raise questions about accessibility for average gamers.

Anticipating the Samsung Galaxy S26 and S26+: Key Rumors and Specs

Mobile- Feb 17, 2026

Anticipating the Samsung Galaxy S26 and S26+: Key Rumors and Specs

The Samsung Galaxy S26 series is on the horizon, sparking excitement among tech enthusiasts.

Google's Project Toscana: Elevating Pixel Face Unlock to Rival Apple's Face ID

ICT News- Feb 18, 2026

Google's Project Toscana: Elevating Pixel Face Unlock to Rival Apple's Face ID

As the smartphone landscape evolves, Google's push toward superior face unlock technology underscores its ambition to close the gap with Apple in user security and convenience.