PUBG Mobile Might Be Banned Forever In India, Government Official Said

Aadhya Khatri


It’s highly unlikely that the Indian government would lift the ban on PUBG Mobile, said a senior government official

Despite the ongoing talks between PUBG Corp and Jio, it’s highly unlikely that the Indian government would lift the ban on PUBG Mobile, said a senior government official. The reason for this is the violent nature of the game.

It’s highly unlikely that the Indian government would lift the ban on PUBG Mobile

In an interview with Reuters, the official said even when PUBG Mobile no longer had a connection with Tencent, things weren’t going to change as the violent nature of the game remains.

A spokesperson of PUBG confirmed the talks between PUBG Corp and Reliance Jio but she said nothing had been decided yet.

Last year, the two companies formed a partnership to offers rewards for all Jio users who when they purchased in-app merchandise in PUBG Lite.

Last year, the two companies formed a partnership to offers rewards for all Jio users

PUBG Mobile was banned on September 2 along with 118 other Chinese apps and games.

According to reports from Sensor Tower, India was PUBG Mobile’s largest market, with 175 million downloads, making up for 25% of global downloads.

Ever since its release in 2017, the game has registered a total of 734 million installations from all over the world.

>>> PUBG Corp In Talks With Jio To Bring PUBG Mobile Back To India

Next Story

Read More

Mobile- Feb 16, 2026

Xiaomi Launches Affordable Tracker to Compete with Apple's AirTag

For users tired of ecosystem lock-in or high prices, the Xiaomi Tag represents a compelling, no-frills option that delivers core functionality at a fraction of the cost.

Mobile- Feb 17, 2026

Anticipating the Samsung Galaxy S26 and S26+: Key Rumors and Specs

The Samsung Galaxy S26 series is on the horizon, sparking excitement among tech enthusiasts.

ICT News- Feb 15, 2026

X Platform Poised to Introduce In-App Crypto and Stock Trading Soon

X has been laying the groundwork for this expansion.

ICT News- Feb 18, 2026

Google's Project Toscana: Elevating Pixel Face Unlock to Rival Apple's Face ID

As the smartphone landscape evolves, Google's push toward superior face unlock technology underscores its ambition to close the gap with Apple in user security and convenience.