India Will Remove Huawei From Its Mobile Network
Dhir Acharya
India will remove Huawei from its mobile network with tensions growing between China and India over the disputed territory along the Himalayan border.
- Huawei Mate X7 Review: Foldable Photography Without Compromises
- Huawei Band 10 Launches in India with Advanced Health Tracking Features
- After Windows Replacement OS, Huawei Set to Launch "Kirin X90" Chip for PCs to Replace Intel
India will remove Chinese brand Huawei from its mobile network at a time when tensions are growing between China and India over the disputed territory along the Himalayan border. The Indian government has concerns over Chinese investment in the networking infrastructure in the country, according to the Financial Times that cited industry executives and government officials.
It appears that the Indian government has chosen not to straightforwardly ban the Chinese company but instead quietly remove Huawei’s equipment from its network.
A senior government official said:
“When it comes to big public contracts and critical infrastructure, we would prefer non-Chinese companies. That message has gotten through to Indian business.”
Indian tech giant Reliance Jio is working on its own 5G equipment while Bharti Airtel is partnering with Ericsson. At the same time, BSNL is ceasing partnerships with Chinese vendors and Vodafone India met with Huawei on 5G trials.
The report from the Financial Times comes days after a report surfaced, which said ZTE and Huawei are expected to be left out of the 5G rollout plans in India.
Huawei, BSNL, Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio, Vodafone India as well as the Press Bureau of India did not respond immediately to a comment request.
The dispute at the Himalayan Galwan Valley has been existing for years with troops from both countries guarding their territory and engaging in several small encounters. But earlier this year, the tension suddenly peaked when a fight between the troops along the border resulted in the deaths of at least 20 Indian soldiers. Indian people have since protested against the Chinese government and demanded a boycott on Chinese products.
>>> Indians Will Have Free COVID-19 Shots In 73 Days, Said Report
Featured Stories
ICT News - May 08, 2026
Elon Musk Highlights Neuralink Breakthrough with New Surgical Robot for Brain...
ICT News - Apr 13, 2026
DDR4 RAM Prices Finally Fall After Soaring More Than 2,200 Percent
ICT News - Apr 06, 2026
Artemis II Crew Enters Moon's Gravitational Sphere on Historic Day 5
ICT News - Mar 31, 2026
DDR5 RAM Prices Finally Easing: Relief for PC Builders in 2026
ICT News - Mar 29, 2026
FTC Takes Action Against Debanking Practices by Major Financial Firms
ICT News - Mar 27, 2026
Palantir CTO Identifies Iran Conflict as First Large-Scale AI-Driven War
ICT News - Mar 24, 2026
OpenAI on the Brink: Major Setbacks Signal the Bursting of the AI Bubble
ICT News - Mar 20, 2026
Top 10 Most Popular Social Media Sites Based on User Count in 2026
ICT News - Mar 19, 2026
Billion Dollar Blunder: Meta Shuts Down Metaverse After Wasting $80,000,000,000.00
ICT News - Mar 18, 2026