Huawei Has Installed Its Proprietary HongMengOS On About One Million Devices

Maya Bhagat


Huawei launched its own HongMengOS and claimed to ship about 1 million devices with this new operating system.

Last month, President Donal Trump signed a decree to ban Huawei as the issue of national security. This action was a part of the escalating trade war between the US and China.

This blanket ban has been a popular topic of the technology industry for quite a while. Due to the restriction, a number of US companies had to stop cooperating with Huawei such as Google who refused to license Android OS to Huawei. It means that the upcoming Huawei and Honor phones will not be provided with Google’s Android OS. Many people thought that this move will meet big trouble due to this event. However, the Chinese electronics major was not too strenuous with this problem. The company could develop its proprietary operating system called HongMengOS with its size and stature.

Huawei could develop its proprietary HongMengOS

The company has managed to launch its own HongMengOS and about one million devices have been expected to be shipped with pre-loaded HongMengOS, said Rosenblatt Securities firm. It is likely that the new operating system is compatible with every Android app. Moreover, it has “increased security functions to protect personal data”, according to the report.

According to Mr. Richard Yu – Huawei executive, the company is preparing to install HongMengOS to not only mobile phones but also tablets, computers, cars, wearables, TVs, and more.

In a vague but ominous warning, it was said that China was doing with a list “unreliable” organizations, individuals, and foreign companies at the beginning of this month. It is likely the signal of Chinese retaliation for the restriction on Huawei.

This move with some additional measures is more and more deepening the issue of the blacklist under the circumstance of the trade war between two powerful countries – the US and China. The trade situation between the two countries is extremely strained as their struggle for economic and technological dominance in the long term.

Next Story

Read More

Mobile- Feb 17, 2026

Anticipating the Samsung Galaxy S26 and S26+: Key Rumors and Specs

The Samsung Galaxy S26 series is on the horizon, sparking excitement among tech enthusiasts.

ICT News- Feb 19, 2026

Escalating Costs for NVIDIA RTX 50 Series GPUs: RTX 5090 Tops $5,000, RTX 5060 Ti Closes in on RTX 5070 Pricing

As the RTX 50 series continues to push boundaries in gaming and AI, these price trends raise questions about accessibility for average gamers.

ICT News- Feb 18, 2026

Google's Project Toscana: Elevating Pixel Face Unlock to Rival Apple's Face ID

As the smartphone landscape evolves, Google's push toward superior face unlock technology underscores its ambition to close the gap with Apple in user security and convenience.