Huawei CEO Said HongMeng OS Was Faster Than Android But They Still Need An App Store

Anisha


Huawei – the electronics giant of China is processing an alternative operating system for Android, which is believed to be 60% faster

Last month, American President Donald Trump claimed that he would ease the restrictions forbidding the country's companies from working with the Chinese electronics giant – Huawei. However, the time in which this plan will happen is unclear because Huawei is still in the blacklist of the Department of Commerce. What is most damaging is that the ban will prevent Huawei from using Android. However, Huawei CEO and founder - Ren Zhengfei is not expecting to be welcomed back to the Android software family.

Huawei CEO and founder - Ren Zhengfei is not expecting to be welcomed back to the Android software family

Recently, he spoke to Le Point – a French publication about a new operating system called Hongmeng OS, which would help Huawei to become less dependent on Android. As reported, he said it was “likely” that the new operating system was faster than that of Google.

Huawei CEO said that the new operating system is invented to connect across different devices from phones, data centers to cars. But he also admitted that there was a severe lack of an alternative to the Play Store of Google and App Store of Apple. The company is currently working on creating that alternative.

HongMeng OS will help Huawei to become less dependent on Android

What Huawei CEO commented means that the company seems to continue with its new operating system no matter what Trump's administration decides to do.

Although some Huawei smartphones use Qualcomm chips, most flagship products contain its own Kirrin CPUs. A spokesperson from Huawei did not give any comment on what the company’s CEO stated but said:

On the 1st of July, an executive of Huawei said the company would wait for more guidance from the Department of Commerce about Android.

Information about Huawei creating its new operating system surfaced in May, not long after the company was banned from using Google's software. From June, the company started trademarking HongMeng OS name as well as invited developers to release their apps on Huawei’s app store – AppGallery.

Next Story

Read More

Mobile- Feb 17, 2026

Anticipating the Samsung Galaxy S26 and S26+: Key Rumors and Specs

The Samsung Galaxy S26 series is on the horizon, sparking excitement among tech enthusiasts.

ICT News- Feb 19, 2026

Escalating Costs for NVIDIA RTX 50 Series GPUs: RTX 5090 Tops $5,000, RTX 5060 Ti Closes in on RTX 5070 Pricing

As the RTX 50 series continues to push boundaries in gaming and AI, these price trends raise questions about accessibility for average gamers.

ICT News- Feb 18, 2026

Google's Project Toscana: Elevating Pixel Face Unlock to Rival Apple's Face ID

As the smartphone landscape evolves, Google's push toward superior face unlock technology underscores its ambition to close the gap with Apple in user security and convenience.