12 Things You Probably Did Not Know About TikTok

Harin - Nov 04, 2020


12 Things You Probably Did Not Know About TikTok

TikTok is surely one of the most famous apps at the moment. Here are 12 thing s you probably didn’t know about the short-video platform.

Just like Zoom, TikTok is a product from China and has started a new wave around the world. More and more famous brands have used the platform as a tool for marketing. Here are 12 thing s you probably didn’t know about the short-video app.

1. TikTok came from China

Unlike Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and many other social media platforms, TikTok isn’t a product of America.

Tiktok Bytedance
At that time, TikTok was still under the Chinese tech giant Bytedance.

TikTok was first released in China in 2016 but with a whole different name, Douyin.

At that time, the app was still under the Chinese tech giant Bytedance. So you probably understand why the US is trying to block people from using the platform.

2. Over 800 million users globally

According to new research, this social media platform has more than 800 million users worldwide.

Tiktok
This social media platform has more than 800 million users worldwide.

This figure is way higher than that of other apps like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.

By comparison, Instagram currently has over 1 billion users. But look at the current growth rate of the Chinese app, that number can easily be achieved in the near future.

3. Over 1.5 billion downloads on Apple App Store and Google Play Store

In November 2019, Sensor Tower reported that TikTok had crossed 1.5 billion downloads globally.

This figure is something that not many companies can achieve, especially in such a short period of time like TikTok. Keep in mind that the app began its journey in 2016. And it took the platform only 6 years to gain that achievement.

Tiktok Download
In November 2019, Sensor Tower reported that the app had crossed 1.5 billion downloads globally.

For example, Facebook was launched in 2004. And the platform needed quite a long time to become the most popular app like today. But looking at TikTok, Facebook and other huge apps must watch out for this rising star.

4. The most valuable startup globally

The company behind TikTok is Bytedance. Bytedance was founded in China in 2012. And at the moment, the company is the world’s most valuable startup with a valuation of over $75 billion.

5. Over 30 million users in the US

The platform has a large user base in China. And the rest of its users is from Asian countries.

Tiktok Us
In the US alone, there are more than 30 million users and the number keeps growing dramatically.

In the US alone, there are more than 30 million users and the number keeps growing dramatically.

6. TikTok’s targeted user is the younger generation

Compared to other social platforms, TikTok has the largest group of young users.

Nearly 70% of TikTok users are from 16 to 24 years old while the remaining 30% are aged 25 and over.

7. Used over 50 minutes a day

Most TikTok users use the platform over 50 minutes a day.

This figure is similar to that of Facebook and Instagram, showing TikTok’s potential.

8. More than 34% of users post videos every day

If other users like your content, you can easily grow your channel in a short period of time. This is how TikTok works and how users make use of the platform.

Tiktok 2
Most users use the platform over 50 minutes a day.

9. Users have a more authentic perspective than Instagram

Many users start switching to using the short-video platform since they want a more authentic view of the surrounding world.

10. Not just a lip-syncing app

In 2017, Bytedance acquired Musical.ly for more than $1 billion. After that, the two apps were integrated. Bytedance brought features of Musical.ly to TikTok.

11. Content varies depending on the region

Although TikTok is a global app, an important factor in the growth of the app is how its content is tailored to each region.

Tiktok India
An important factor in the growth of the app is how its content is tailored to each region.

12. Users can easily create content

TikTok has taken video content creation to the next level. Anyone with no knowledge of video editing can still create highly-engaging videos without using any other plug-in applications.

>>> Man Becomes TikTok Phenomenon Just By Staring Into Camera

Tags

Comments

Sort by Newest | Popular

Next Story