Huawei Smartphone Sales Sharply Increases Despite US Ban
Anita
Huawei has witnessed the rise of its total smartphone shipments in China after the U.S ban was issued thanks to the support of the Chinese people.
- Huawei Mate X7 Review: Foldable Photography Without Compromises
- Huawei Band 10 Launches in India with Advanced Health Tracking Features
- After Windows Replacement OS, Huawei Set to Launch "Kirin X90" Chip for PCs to Replace Intel
Since US President Donald Trump’s government blacklisted Huawei Technologies Inc, it has hit a blow to this Chinese tech giant. Several associations and companies like Google, Qualcomm, Intel, AMD, and recently ARM have stopped working with the Chinese giant.
Besides, associations such as PCle standard, Solid State Technology Association (JEDEC), and SD Association (SDA) also suspended their cooperation with Huawei. It is said that this current situation will strongly affect the Chinese giant's business even its homeland where the influence will be very small. But, it is likely that the ban from the U.S government is encouraging Chinese people to switch to use its devices. After the ban issued on 16 May, the company smartphones’ sales via Tmall sharply increased. As per the Tmall’s official data, from 18 May to 20 May, the total smartphone shipments of Huawei rose 130 percent, which overpasses the smartphone industry’s average growth by 30 percent. In addition, Huawei also created a special poster for celebration:
The poster clearly shows that Huawei P30 phone and other smartphones from the Chinese phone maker will be available on Tmall and all come with a custom gift box from this platform. Besides, it is said that the total fans of the brand on Tmall platform has increased as well. So far, this number has overpassed the 10-million mark.
While in other markets outside China, most of the companies have broken their ties with Huawei, the domestic market can greatly contribute to support the country brand as well as help it to manage the company’s loss due to the US restrictions.
For further information about the escalating trade war between the U.S and China, Donald Trump President officially signed an order to request the U.S firms to suspend the partnership with Huawei and other relevant companies. This order led to the ban on cooperation with the Chinese tech giant although it did not list particular firms and countries. According to the U.S Commerce Department, it added Huawei and 70 affiliates to the “Entity List”, which stops the company from purchasing components and parts from the U.S companies without the approval from the U.S government.
Featured Stories
Mobile - May 19, 2026
RedMagic Introduces 11S Pro Gaming Phone Series Powered by Overclocked Snapdragon...
Mobile - May 18, 2026
iOS 26.5's Under-the-Radar Features: Secret iPhone Tools You Need to Try
Mobile - May 16, 2026
Trump Mobile Begins Shipping Its $499 Gold T1 Phone Following Prolonged Delays
Mobile - May 11, 2026
Sony Sets Xperia 1 VIII Reveal for May 13
Mobile - May 03, 2026
Samsung Galaxy S26 vs OnePlus 15T: Which Compact Flagship Wins in 2026?
Mobile - Apr 29, 2026
Stop Trying to Make the App-Less Phone Happen: The ChatGPT Phone Is Already DOA
Mobile - Apr 27, 2026
RGB Notification Lights Make a Triumphant Return on Xiaomi's Poco X8 Pro
Mobile - Apr 26, 2026
Google Pixel Battery Scandal Illustrates Why Capacity Rules the Smartphone Market
Mobile - Apr 25, 2026
iPhone 18 Rumors Suggest a Significant RAM Upgrade to 12GB
Mobile - Apr 23, 2026