Epic Games Is Releasing Its Own App Store And Offer 88% Of Revenue For Developers

Aadhya Khatri - Dec 07, 2018


Epic Games Is Releasing Its Own App Store And Offer 88% Of Revenue For Developers

Epic Games announced its app store, offering developers 88% of revenue and taking only 12% while it's 70% for developers and 30% for Google on its App Store

When Epic Games launched Fortnite on the Android platform, there were speculations saying that it would not be on Google Play Store, which actually turned out to be accurate.

Instead, the company struck a deal with Samsung to give Galaxy Apps Store exclusive right to distribute this app. After this deal came to an end, Epic Games allowed downloading directly from the company’s website.

 

Dims

As a logical step after distributing Fortnite on its own, Epic Games has announced its own app store with a generous offer: 88% of the revenue the app generates will go to the developers; the rest belongs to the company. To add to its accessibility benefits, if developers use Unreal Engine, Epic will deduct 5% engine royalty from its revenue share.

On the other hand, on Google Play Store, developers make 70% of the income from the app while Google takes the remaining 30%.

You can have access to this store early 2019 with a certain number of selected games for Mac and PC. Android and other platform’s users will have to wait for some time to find games that are compatible with theirs. Epic Games' store will be available for all in 2019.

The store has its own principles to follow and all of which is to create a favorable environment for gamers, developers, and content creators.

Creators like YouTubers, Twitch streamers, and other creators can advise gamers to buy the store’s games and earn money while doing so. To add some more encouragement, 5% of creators revenue-sharing in the first 24 months will be covered by Epic.

 

Epicgamesstore Infographic

Others benefits from Epic includes no store-placed ads, no paid ads appearing in search, and no cross-marketing. Developers can be sure that competing games will not show up on their pages and they can launch games on other engines, not just Unreal.

Details were released at The Game Award held in Los Angeles on the 6th of December.

Comments

Sort by Newest | Popular

Read more

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro: An All-Rounder, All-Screen Phone

Mobile- Mar 01, 2021

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro: An All-Rounder, All-Screen Phone

If you want something decent but cheaper than Huawei P30 Pro and Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro is right up your alley

Is Your Internet Plan Actually Right For Your? Here's How To Know

How To- Mar 01, 2021

Is Your Internet Plan Actually Right For Your? Here's How To Know

This post will help you choose the right internet package for yourself by figuring out how much internet speed you actually need.

New ‘Deep Nostalgia’ AI Allow Users To Bring Old Photos To Life

ICT News- Mar 02, 2021

New ‘Deep Nostalgia’ AI Allow Users To Bring Old Photos To Life

While many people use the AI to animate their loved ones' photos, some users on Twitter push the AI limits with some scary photos.

PS5 Indian Launch Date And What Game You Should Play

Gadgets- Mar 01, 2021

PS5 Indian Launch Date And What Game You Should Play

This post will discuss the PS5 Indian launch, including the launch date, some key specifications, as well as the best titles to play.

Google Pixel 4a Review: One-Hand Friendly, Affordable, And Powerful

Mobile- Mar 02, 2021

Google Pixel 4a Review: One-Hand Friendly, Affordable, And Powerful

Google Pixel 4a is the best Google can offer in a one-hand-friendly and affordable package

Top 10 Drawing Apps For Chromebook With Offline Support

Features- Mar 01, 2021

Top 10 Drawing Apps For Chromebook With Offline Support

Here the top 10 best drawing apps for Chromebook with offline support that work flawlessly with a wide range of features and tools.